(20-35 hours per week)
We are looking for an excellent communicator who is excited about working at a growing boutique PR agency focusing on health and wellness clients. The ideal candidate for the account manager role will be a self-starter who is looking to advance their career while also benefiting from the flexibility of a part-time position. As NKBPR continues to grow, this job can advance into a full-time position depending on the desires of the employee. There is an opportunity to take this position and help make it your own.
At NKBPR, we believe in elevating our clients through meaningful communications. If you believe in the in working alongside clients as a trusted advisor, offering real solutions for clients and working with trust and integrity – this role is for you!
• Assisting in the planning and executing of highly successful PR campaigns.
• Drafting, editing, and issuing press materials.
• Working to produce PR campaigns that fulfill client needs
• Handling and responding to inquiries from press, clients, new business and external organizations.
• Communicates with media to pitch story ideas and cultivate relationships
• Conducting one-on-one client engagement regularly
• Developing and maintaining relationships with influential media and influencers to secure and grow coverage
• Conducting meetings with clients and new business.
• Lead all aspects of public/media relations and digital channels: including but not limit to: social media, website, mobile app and email newsletter campaigns
• Develop on media relations strategies and story angles
• Create and maintain targeted media lists
• Helps research and identify potential social influencers
• Conceptualizes, writes and distributes content for clients including thought leadership, social media content, awards, blogs, guest columns, op-eds, technical pieces and other long-form content
• Contribute to client planning
• Event based public relations, flexibility to travel when needed
• 3-5+ years of relevant experience conducting media relations, strategy, and account management, at increasing levels of responsibility
• Media relations experience, including pitching national, regional, local and trade news media and securing interviews and coverage for clients
• Influencer relations experience including influencer identification, outreach and managing relationships and content creation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously, lead projects and work on a team collaboratively
• Ability to handle and tactfully manage stressful situations with tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and plan effectively, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational, and professional standards in job-related activities
• Strong work ethic and motivated to excel in a growing agency environment
• Impeccable attention to detail and stellar organizational skills
• Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills to manage the unknown and plan ahead
• Employee/Client referral program
• Up to $500 a year to put towards wellness programs (like a gym membership)
Location: Remote position but candidate ideally located in the Kansas City Metro Area.
Send a note saying why you would be the perfect and your resume along with any relevant examples to Nicole@nkbpr.com.